Wentworth Point Town Centre by Billbergia
This project was awarded:
1. The Australian Development of the Year
2. Best Master planned Community
Australian Development of the Year - Innovation & Excellence Awards (propertycouncil.com.au)
Whilst this project has spanned over many many years, and has been completed for a couple of years, the PCA awards look at a number of things from design, delivery and project realisation from both a community, feasibility and economic perspective. Hence recognition after completion is a reflection on the overall project success across key property indicators.
The project is over 11 hectares and was based on a masterplanning process SC started in 2002. The first projects started on site in 2010 with our last stage (6) completed in 2019. There is one final stage others in FJMT are doing on the final building.
We understood the urban design, architecture, landscape architecture and interior design and designed and delivered:
- 450,000m2 of GFA,
- 2800 dwellings (delivered) and a future 900,
- 13,000m2 of retail NLA,
- a 3,000m2 library for Parramatta Council,
- 3,800 car spaces under a contiguous basement,
- And new elevated streets, landscaping and parks,
- and a bus/pedestrian only bridge to Rhodes.