Are you a great leader, with who loves to design?
We are a great team. Driven by design and user insight to challenge the status quo, we ensure better opportunities and experiences throughout our work. We pride ourselves on the consistent output of excellent design while prioritising work-life balance for all. Although happy employees and superior design drive our business, we don’t see them as mutually exclusive and believe you can’t have one without the other.
About the role and team.
You will be working with a group of intelligent, creative, and dedicated individuals led by Director Angela Biddle. We are an integrated design practice, so you will also be working closely with the other directors, architects, landscape architects, the marketing team, and the people & culture team. Angela leads with a progressive approach to design, collaborative work environment, and workplace flexibility. The work is fast-paced, so we are looking for someone who loves figuring stuff out, thinks big picture but is also across the detail, and is always looking for opportunities to drive fantastic design.
We expect if you have arrived at this point in your creative career you will have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in residential and hospitality design and technical, team building, client-facing skills, and excellence in visual and spoken communication that comes with the senior job title.
You will have successfully led a team from inception to completion whilst demonstrating your proven skills at delivering exceptional design.
Role Responsibilities of the Senior Interior Designer:
- Managing projects efficiently, to program and budget
- Managing and briefing design team on live projects
- Mentoring and assisting junior and middleweight designers
- Managing the procurement of FF&E products
- Building and growing existing client relationships
- Visualising and explain concepts to team members
- Developing detailed designs and choosing materials
- Working closely with the principal and directors, using initiative on new business opportunities and attending networking events within the industry
Key Skills of the Senior Interior Designer:
- Ability to create and develop conceptual designs
- Excellent presentation skills, proficiency in InDesign, PhotoShop and possibly Sketchup, 3DS Max and/or Rhino
- Knowledge of FF&E selection (materials, finishes, detailing and scheduling)
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit
- Self-confident and receptive to constructive feedback
- Ability to manage time and work flow of projects efficiently
- Quality experience in dealing with suppliers and contractors
- Fully competent in producing detailed FF&E specification with costings, materials, finishes and sanitary schedules
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and visual
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Relevant degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture or Architecture
- You will love to lead and love to design.
Sorry in advance for not personally getting back to all our applicants. We appreciate how much time and effort it takes to apply. However, if we wish to progress your application, we will be in touch.